Monday 6 July 2015

March 2013

The inner hull panels in place. I decided to scribe and fit these pieces rather than use the pattern in the plans. I also decided to make the inner bow panel go all the way from the keel to the deck. in the plans the front part continues at the same level as the bridge deck , and is latter taken up when the upper inner hull panel goes on (later after cabin is formed). This may have been to save ply, but I decided to do it this way for ease of construction, as I figured the join at the deck level would be at the line of my bow net attachment tubes, and easy to fair in.

The join in the ply at the halfway point of the hulls is a butt joint , with extra pad in behind it. It was too complicated to do a scarf on this side of the boat, and I wanted to do one section at a time, so this was the easiest. Still came out very smooth.

The bow gets an extra "crash" piece of solid timber and the base is radiused, the large cove formed at the bridge deck/hull joint, more close ups of the rudder pod. The repairs on the plywood are where there were small knots that looked like they were trying to cause localised delamination.








No comments:

Post a Comment