Monday 6 July 2015

December 2014

Non skid applied. I used Hempel system (as well as their paint on the whole job) . Mask off area desired, apply paint, sprinkle non skid on , allow to dry, vacuum of anything loose, apply top coat . It seemed to be a little bit too abrasive at first but once in use I was glad of it and it may have “mellowed” a bit also. More detail of the rudder system: Not shown is the 2 wraps of shock cord that hold the blade in place yet allow the blade to kick up if an obstacle is hit. May be visible in later sailing photos. Here though is visible the flat sections I put on to the blade to keep it straight in the rudder box. These flats are just filled epoxy which I achieved by masking off with pvc tape, then double sided foam tape, then more pvc tape. Then fill with thickened epoxy and jam the whole assembly inside a plastic lined tray which has the thickness of my rudder box.
Also more paint job photos plus my trailer which was custom made. I chose not to use rollers on the trailer because of point loading, so the trailer maker fabricated pivoting mounting brackets to which I added my own pads (bunks), covered with 2 layers of marine carpet. The boat goes on and off the pads quite easily, especially with a splash of water onto the pads).








Jan 2015
Close up of the trailer with pads on, boat now on the trailer (with a little help from my friends).
 I should have been sailing before Christmas but my sails , which were made in San Diego California, got lost in transit, and did not finally arrive till February 2015.




1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete